The Executive Director Position may be a 75% Time (30 hours a week) to Full Time (40 Hours a Week) Position, to be determined based on applicant's interest and skills. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, including those for whom a traditional 40 hour work week is not practical. NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin recognizes the importance of flexibility in the workplace.
As Executive Director, you will be responsible for the financial strength/health of the organization. That includes fundraising from major donors, organizing fundraising events, managing other development activities, maintaining accurate and timely financial records, planning budgets, and seeking and writing grants. You will also be the spokesperson and public face of NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin. You will be a recognized leader in the state for political advocacy and community organizing. You will report directly to the two boards of the organization—NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin Board, which oversees all the political work, and NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin Foundation Board, which oversees education and community outreach.
Education: A Master's Degree or equivalent experience in one of the following areas: planning, public administration, business, social science, social work, law, project management, or a related field.
Other skills required:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data and information.
- Ability to motivate, organize, supervise and work with staff, interns and volunteers.
- Ability to motivate, organize and work with board members.
- An understanding of and willingness to work on specific campaigns.
- An understanding of and willingness to participate in lobbying efforts at the local, state, and federal level.
- Ability to talk to the media print, radio and TV.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
To Apply: NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. Send resume, cover letter, list of references, and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by Monday, August 6th, at 5pm.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.