The affiliate and national programs department works to identify, engage, and sustain a politically active pro-choice constituency that will provide the network with a base of power to advance legislative, educational, and political campaigns. The affiliate and national programs department is charged with developing national initiatives and campaigns to engage activists and members through various campaigns. This department also has the priority of providing technical support and identifying opportunities to partner on programs that enhance the health and capacity of NARAL Pro-Choice America’s state affiliate network. The department provides technical support services, offering one-on-one advice, capacity-building programs, customized affiliate development materials, and other resources.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is looking for a responsible, dedicated, resolutely pro-choice intern to work with >NARAL Pro-Choice America’s affiliate and national Programs department for Spring 2014 (Mid-February-May). Interns are essential in helping NARAL Pro-Choice America fulfill its mission and advance current projects. We are looking for one or two part-time interns.
- Assist in coordinating volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and managing volunteer nights;
- Support work around NARAL Pro-Choice America’s Choice Out Loud – On Campus Program
- Organize outreach programs to recruit volunteers and Choice Action Network (CAN) members;
- Mail materials needed to activists across the country;
- Maintain and update activist data;
- Assist in tracking affiliate support;
- Help manage materials inventory;
- Support national campaign activities;
- Work with the department to organize and execute trainings and programs designed to build organizational capacity at the national level, throughout our affiliate network and in communities around the country; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 6 months effective grassroots organizing experience or activism experience;
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to reproductive rights issues and NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good academic standing;
- Ability to commit to working at least 15-20 hours per week (longer hours may be available), occasionally including events that may be scheduled on evenings and weekends;
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Ability to produce concrete results with minimal supervision;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
The internship is for Spring 2014 (Mid-February-May) and is based out of our Washington, DC offices. The intern will be paid $8.25 an hour. Internships with NARAL Pro-Choice America are an excellent way to build your resume while gaining valuable experience with a premiere non-profit advocacy organization. NARAL Pro-Choice America will work with your school to secure academic credit where applicable.
Start and end dates are to be determined based on academic schedule. NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by 5:30 pm EST on Friday, February 14, 2014 via email only:
NARAL Pro-Choice America
1156 15th St, NW, Ste. 700
Washington, D.C. 20005
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.