The pro-choice movement in our country is at a critical juncture. Attacks on reproductive freedom are increasing in frequency and intensity. Abortion bans, "crisis pregnancy centers" that push anti-choice propaganda on pregnant women, and clinic closures are becoming commonplace. In crisis lies opportunity: at the same time, the pro-choice movement is winning victories on reproductive freedom from no-cost contraception to the defeat of right-wing anti-choice candidates.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is the nation's leading advocate for reproductive freedom and protecting a woman's right to choose her own reproductive destiny. With more than one million members and supporters, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to mobilizing and building the base of pro-choice advocates, identifying and supporting pro-choice candidates, and advancing sound reproductive policies that support women and families at all stages of their reproductive life. These policies include preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
- Assist with donor research and prospecting
- Update and maintain donor database
- Answer member queries via phone and email as needed
- Create and edit development materials, including solicitation letters
- Assist with event management and logistics
- Manage vendors and volunteers
- Provide general administrative support for the development department
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program;
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting a woman’s right to choose;
- A strong desire to be a part of the political process;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Adept in using a variety of online tools to compile background and capacity information for potential donors. Proficiency in NGP is a plus.
The development intern will gain in-depth knowledge of reproductive rights, have the opportunity to work closely with the progressive donor community, and join a team of experienced political and development professionals.
A minimum of 10-15 hours per week is required along with a three month commitment. This is a paid position located in Washington, D.C.
To apply, submit a one-page letter of interest and current resume to Megan Gamble at MGamble@prochoiceamerica.org
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.