The Deputy Field Director will work to increase the capacity and overall health of the network of NARAL Pro-Choice America. The primary goal will be the creation, implementation, and oversight of programmatic field work. The Deputy Director will provide ongoing and consistent communications, technical assistance, and support to state affiliates. The responsibilities of the Deputy Field Director shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Development of campaign field plans for electoral, legislative, and issue organizing. This will include but is not limited to voter contact, field budgets, work plans, and overall timelines.
- Provide direct technical support to members of the affiliate network. Will work with the National Field Director to assess, develop and increase the capacity of state affiliates to implement effective strategic campaigns individually and in cooperation with NARAL Pro-Choice America.
- As needed, travel to states to: Directly manage all aspects of Field Program, work with affiliates on coordinating and implementing a comprehensive campaign strategy, provide technical training to affiliates or otherwise facilitate strategic meetings, other travel as assigned.
- Assist the Field Director in designing, implementing, and evaluating a program of trainings and events to enhance the skills and relationships at the affiliate network level.
- The Deputy Field Director will be responsible for overseeing major national initiatives and ensuring their timely and successful completion. This will include forging strategic national alliances and leveraging relationships in affiliate and non-affiliate states to grow the reach and impact of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the Affiliate Chapter Program.
- Assist Field Director with the department’s strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Work closely with affiliate staff to identify ways to continue to improve communication and program integration between NARAL Pro-Choice America and its affiliates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electoral and/or legislative organizing with proven record of success;
- Experience managing state-based membership organization. Working knowledge of all aspects of grassroots campaigns including field, mail, lobbying and fundraising;
- Understanding of 501(c) 4, 501(c) 3 and PAC distinctions;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Relevant training and facilitation experience;
- Consistent ability to seek out new opportunity and handle multiple, high-level projects at once;
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and oral communications;
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Suite and NGP VAN a must. Additional skills such as graphic design, experience with donor software and a deep understanding of polling and voter files is a definite plus;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis;
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goals and programs;
- A commitment to diversity and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a substantive cover letter to:
NARAL Pro-Choice America
1156 15th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.