NARAL Pro-Choice America and NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation seek an experienced and dedicated digital director for this dynamic, mission-driven organization that has been at the forefront of the fight for reproductive rights since its founding in 1968. NARAL has an annual budget of approximately $12 million and encompasses a 501 (c)(3), a 501 (c)(4), and a political action committee.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is the nation's leading advocate for reproductive freedom and protecting a woman's right to choose her own reproductive destiny. With more than one million members and supporters, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to mobilizing and building the base of pro-choice advocates, identifying and supporting pro-choice candidates, and advancing sound reproductive policies that support women and families at all stages of their reproductive life. These policies include preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
The digital director works closely with the senior vice president for campaigns and strategy and others on the organizations leadership team to expand the organization’s online presence by engaging new supporters, developing the organization’s social media strategy, raising money for NARAL Pro-Choice campaigns and ensuring that NARAL Pro-Choice America stays on the cutting edge of social media trends and technology.
The digital department is responsible for building and maintaining the organization’s online community. The department also works closely with the development, communications, affiliate and political teams to ensure that our online program advances the organization's fundraising, growth, messaging and electoral priorities.
- Developing the strategy and managing the implementation of the organization’s online activities including growth, fundraising and communications.
- Develop content and engagement strategy for the NARAL Pro-Choice America website, blog and social media outlets;
- Develop email program and campaign narrative to maximize revenue and online activism for NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Develop and execute long and short-term strategic plan and budgets for list retention and acquisition with goal to grow digital presence for both organizing and fundraising;
- Oversee online fundraising program, including email communications with members;
- Oversee development of online technology including website, content management and approval and proofing systems;
- Ensure that all online systems are working seamlessly and supporting the work of other departments;
- Develop strategy for and manage implementation of content production for NARAL Pro-Choice online properties including website, email, social media
- Work with other department directors to ensure that work is integrated and organization’s online needs are being met;
- Work with the VP of development and the deputy director for membership to create and execute integrated digital fundraising plan with other membership funding streams;
- Create and maintain contribution pages for offline events and working with the development department to manage digital outreach for these events;
- Oversee long term development projects;
- Develop income and expenditure budget for digital program;
- Develop and monitor departmental budget;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates for this position must be creative, innovative leaders with 7-10 years of digital experience that includes running robust online fundraising and acquisition programs and managing staff.
- Candidates should have an expertise in advocacy campaigns, technology management, online fundraising, email communications, list building, content development and social
- Candidates must have a college degree and an interest in reproductive, social and economic justice issues and advocacy.
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals.
- A commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.
To apply, send resume and a substantive cover letter to:
NARAL Pro-Choice America
1156 15th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: (202) 973-3096
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.