NARAL Pro-Choice Montana is the political leader of the pro-choice movement in Montana. The organization's mission is to develop and sustain a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
The director of programs and communication is responsible for coordinating a strategic communications strategy, managing the Campus Organizing and Internship Program, Choice Action Network, Volunteer Program and running a targeted voter contact and get-out-the-vote program during electoral years.
- Serve as lobbyist with executive director at the Montana Legislature;
- Help create issue education pieces for legislators and candidates;
- Communicate with e-activist (CAN) network;
- Manage data collection and lists for volunteers and voter IDs;
- Write newsletter articles and member communications regarding programs;
- Communicate and build relationships with other progressive interest groups;
- Organize earned media campaigns;
- Manage technology, including social media, website updates, and membership database;
- Maintain press clippings files on NARAL Pro-Choice Montana, pro-choice, and anti-choice press and letters to the editor from NARAL Pro-Choice Montana volunteers.
- Recruit, train and manage campus groups statewide;
- Assist with volunteer and intern management, including recruiting and training volunteers and interns;
- Recruit activists for statewide e-mail action alert list and web-based activist groups;
- Develop and implement plans for grassroots organizing throughout the state;
- Assist in fulfilling NARAL Pro-Choice Montana's commitments to Montana Women Vote! and Montana Shares;
- Assist executive director in coordinating projects with the Montana Partnership for Sex Education and the Montana Reproductive Rights Coalition.
- Assist with 2013/2014 NARAL Pro-Choice Montana PAC activities;
- Assist with fundraising, particularly event coordination and major donor contacts;
- Assist with administrative duties such as mail, filing, database entry, thank you notes, office cleaning, mass mailings etc.;
- Assist in identifying and recruiting new coalition partners, volunteers, interns, board members, and members;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by executive director.
- Strong commitment to reproductive freedom and the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice Montana;
- Self-starter with strong intrinsic motivation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively;
- Successful grassroots organizing experience;
- Computer literacy, including social media and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A flexible work schedule and access to regular transportation is required.
Position is full-time. Main office is in Helena. Applicants wishing to work from another location in Montana will be considered. Statewide travel required. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a resume, list of three professional references, and a one to two page letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, to:
Maggie Moran, Executive Director
NARAL Pro-Choice Montana
PO Box 226
Helena, MT 59624
Or email: email@example.com
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.