NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota is South Dakota’s only statewide organization dedicated exclusively to advocating for reproductive rights. The mission of NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota is to develop and sustain a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, works to educate the public about various issues related to reproductive rights, including legal abortion. The mission of NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota Foundation is to support and protect, as a fundamental right and value, a woman's freedom to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices through education, training, organizing, legal action and public policy.
Management & Administrative:
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff and board members;
- Handle finances (pay bills, write check, balance budget, etc.);
- Prepare the annual budget;
- Create strategies for implementation of program goals;
- Record keeping and legal document submissions.
- Direct all fundraising, including fundraising events, major gift solicitation, grant applications, direct mail and telemarketing, membership acquisition and renewal;
- Develop, plan and implement short and long-term fundraising strategies;
- Telephone outreach to constituents and donors.
- Act as spokesperson and source of information for the media;
- Liaison with NARAL Pro-Choice America and other state affiliates;
- Develop and further relationships with community leaders and organizational partners;
- Supervise and/or develop public information materials, including website maintenance;
- Coordinate board functions and communicate regularly with both boards;
- Lobby at the state capitol and work with legislators on pro-active, pro-choice public policy, as well as defend against anti-choice attacks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in one of the following areas: planning, public administration, business, social science, social work, law, project management or a related field required.
- Strong commitment to reproductive freedom and NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota’s mission required.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, donor databases and internet.
- And understanding of and willingness to participate in lobbying efforts.
- Prior media relations experience, including writing press releases and speaking with the press.
- Experience developing public policy.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
The state office is located in Sioux Falls, SD. Statewide travel required.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com
Contact for more information: Miranda Boenisch
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.