The grassroots organizer will manage all aspects of NARAL Pro-Choice North Carolina's
organizing program including coordinating volunteer-driven leadership teams (Choice Action Teams),
student organizing, civic engagement, and assisting in political and electoral organizing efforts.
- Partner with staff to develop and then draft and execute a comprehensive organizing plan.
- Develop, manage and sustain volunteer-driven leadership teams (Choice Action Teams) in
targeted areas across the state. Identify and recruit new members, facilitate trainings in
targeted communities, develop volunteer leaders and mobilize volunteers to recruit new
activists and engage in outreach activities.
- Build our network of activists by organizing and leading outreach activities including tabling,
door-to-door canvassing, and crowd canvassing.
- Manage all aspects of our student organizing program, including the recruitment and sustained
engagement of campus representatives at colleges and universities. This includes, but is not
limited to, regular communication with students, on-campus site visits, trainings and
orientations, and mentoring of student leaders.
- Coordinate electoral organizing efforts, including phone banking, canvassing, and other getout-
- Supervise the day-to-day work of interns and in-office volunteers.
- Regularly track and report on organizing activities and progress.
- Manage our activist database and all volunteer communications.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
- Disciplined commitment to reproductive rights and our mission.
- Previous electoral or grassroots organizing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work long, flexible hours, including nights andweekends; reliable transportation, driver’s license and insurance required.
- Strong degree of initiative and ability to work without supervision while accepting appropriatedirection in an office environment.
- Strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and reproductive justice.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Experience working with volunteers in small, fast-paced organization preferred.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Generous benefit package includes paid vacation leave, sick leave, and health insurance benefits. Salary
range is in the low-to mid-30’s.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Suzanne Buckley, Executive Director at
Suzanne@ProChoiceNC.org. Applications considered on a rolling basis but candidates are encouraged
to apply by July 6.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.