On a part-time basis, provide administrative support to the Policy Department, and assist with policy research, opposition research, data collection, and other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to Policy Department: help maintain contact lists; help manage central files system and library; undertake policy research; perform other administrative tasks.
- Assist in the annual publication of Who Decides? by collecting data and updating the Who Decides? databases.
- Monitor Congressional Record and House and Senate floors for relevant legislative activities.
- Assist in background research for judicial nominees.
- Monitor websites and publications of anti-choice groups.
- Provide back-up support to front desk receptionist on an as-needed basis.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- As workload and schedule permit:
- Attend briefings and other policy events with NARAL Pro-Choice America staff.
- Collaborate with other departments on projects as needed.
- Some college experience preferred.
- Professional and polished demeanor.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, take initiative, work well with others, and meet deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to diversity and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.
Stipend is available upon successful completion of internship.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.