As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than one million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant woman, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don't operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that works to impose their ideological agenda on others.
The Program Manager position will take the lead mobilizing members in support of legislative and political campaigns. This position manages the state political action committee, PrivacyPAC and requires the ability to work evenings and weekends and travel.
Member engagement and activation
- Design and implement strategies to grow and engage NARAL Pro-Choice California’s membership in support of legislative, advocacy and political campaigns
- Plan and execute member engagement and activation phone banks, canvasses and events
- Create materials in support of engagement strategies
- Work with team to establish campaign organizing benchmarks and actions.
- Develop plans, set timelines, manage progress, and report on successes and challenges of projects
- Serve as a trainer and workshop facilitator as needed
- Assist with data maintenance as related to organizing initiatives
- Manage volunteer recruitment and stewardship
- Manage program interns as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage the state PrivacyPAC including the reporting requirements, fundraising, and general administration of the PAC.
- Working with the State Director, manage the PAC board meetings including scheduling and creating the agenda and materials.
- Manage the endorsement process including the questionnaire process
- Develop relationships with other progressive PACs to identify opportunities for collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in grassroots issue-based political organizing, including developing strategy, planning, budgeting, and implementation;
- Working knowledge of political and advocacy campaigns, coalition building volunteer management, field organizing and budgeting;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Relevant training and facilitation experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and oral communications;
- Demonstrated experience in Word and Excel for Windows, VAN, database software, Internet and graphics program preferred;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals.
Location: San Francisco, CA. This positon is full-time and offers competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a substantive cover letter to:
Subject line: Program Manager
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.