The field canvass director is responsible for hiring, training and supervising all canvassers employed by NARAL Pro-Choice Washington. The field canvass director will work to maintain an energized team that educates and mobilizes the pro-choice majority of Washington.
- In consultation with executive director write monthly, annual and long-term canvass plan and budget.
Work with other organizations when planning canvass, to ensure no dual canvassing.
Management and Supervision
- Responsible for maintaining a steady and productive team of 4-8 canvassers.
Recruit, hire, train and manage canvassers who will contact the community through door-to-door outreach.
Implement canvass plan and evaluate nightly and bi-monthly performance to ensure fundraising and field goals are met.
Run daily meetings that motivate and inspire the team of canvassers.
- Work with the field staff to create and implement actions that support our current campaigns.
- Lead by example in soliciting donations, identifying members and collecting signatures while in the field.
- Develop canvassing strategy to meet or exceed the office goals for fundraising and membership identification.
- Train new canvassers and coordinate advanced training for experienced canvassers.
- Debrief with field manager or individual canvassers at the end of the day to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Read and research to be personally informed as to the history, legal status, past and current legislation, general news and trends concerning abortion and all aspects of reproductive health care.
- Perform such other tasks as are appropriate to this position and/or needed by the organization as decided and requested by the executive director.
- Field Manager experience required, canvass director experience preferred.
- One year with non-profit or electoral work.
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of design software such as Pagemaker, Publisher, or Photoshop preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with board members, staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced political environment.
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours (nights and weekends).
- Have a valid Washington driver’s license.
- Have access to transportation and the ability to travel in Western Washington when necessary.
- Personal commitment to the protection of the fundamental right to choose a safe and legal abortion and ensuring the full range of reproductive choices for all women.
Physical demands include standing, sitting, walking long distances, talking, hearing, frequent use of telephone, occasional need to lift up to 25 pounds.
Salary: DOE plus bonus and includes a competitive benefits package
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
For full consideration please submit your application by April 27.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.