Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the "Promotion").
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND NARAL PRO-CHOICE AMERICA ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Time) on September 25, 2012 and ends at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. Entries by mail by the method described below will be considered received during the Promotion Period if they are received by Sponsor by 5:30 p.m. on Friday, October 5, 2012.
4. Prizes. The following prizes will be awarded:
- Chicago Package: Restaurant gift certificate, one night hotel stay, designer jewelry, makeup session(approximate retail value $1,000);
- A case of Specialty Wine (approximate retail value $1,200);
- Washington, DC Package: Two tickets to the Roe v. Wade 40th Anniversary Dinner, two night hotel stay, visit to the NARAL office, a day of shadowing Donna Crane, NARAL Policy Director on the hill, two tickets to the Newseum (approximate retail value $1,300).
Approximate aggregate retail value of all prizes: $3,500. Additional prizes to be determined by Sponsor may be awarded in Sponsor's sole discretion. For all prizes, Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, airport and other trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner's address is within 100 miles of the destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the trip hotel or event in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, each winner is responsible for his/her ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner incurs in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the events associated with each prize not specified above.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not returned within three (3) days after being sent to winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Promotion Rules. Potential winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at the 18th Annual Chicago Power of Choice Luncheon at The Standard Club, 320 South Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60604 on Tuesday, October 9 (the "Event"). Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these rules before any prize will be awarded. Potential winners present at the event will be notified in person. Potential winners not present at the event notified by phone or e-mail by Friday, October 12.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Entry Method by Mail: To enter via the free entry method, send a postcard with your name, address, email address, and telephone number to – 18th Annual Chicago Power of Choice Luncheon at NARAL Pro-Choice America, 1156 15th Street, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005. Entries made via postcard must be received by Sponsor by 5:30 p.m. on Friday, October 5, 2012.
(b) Entry at Event. To enter at the Event, complete an entry form provided by Sponsor at the Event and submit to Sponsor prior to the drawing. Entries made at the event may be submitted without making a contribution.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of mailing a postcard or making a contribution will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
8. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
10. Affidavit & Release; Background Security Check. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after October 5, 2012 and before Friday, October 5, 2013 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "18th Annual Chicago Power of Choice Luncheon " Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/donate/special-events/chicago-raffle-2012.html or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "18th Annual Chicago Power of Choice Luncheon " Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
12. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to SpecialEvents@ProChoiceAmerica.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “18th Annual Chicago Power of Choice Luncheon" Questions.
14. Sponsor: NARAL Pro-Choice America 1156 15th Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005