Rep. Rodney Alexander
Rep. Rodney Alexander is the Republican candidate in the House of Representatives race in Louisiana Congressional District 05. He is the incumbent.
Rep. Alexander is anti-choice.
- Rep. Alexander earned a 0-percent score in NARAL Pro-Choice America's 2011 Congressional Record on Choice.
- Voted twice to block Planned Parenthood from receiving any federal funds, which would have denied millions of Americans access to contraception, cancer screenings, and other basic medical care.
- Voted for H.R.3, a bill that would ban abortion coverage in state health-insurance exchanges; impose tax penalties on small businesses and many individuals who purchase private health plans that include abortion coverage; and make permanent several restrictions that block many women from accessing abortion care.
- Voted to allow hospitals to refuse to provide emergency abortion care to women who could die without it.
- On his congressional website, Rep. Alexander writes: "Rest assured that I have always - and will continue to - support legislation that seeks to protect the most precious members of our society, especially as part of any health care reform legislation."
- "As a father, grandfather and a member of the Congressional Pro-life Caucus, I will continue to fight for the rights of the unborn and do everything I can to prevent abortion services from being covered by high risk pools or any other type of taxpayer-funded health plans."
Candidate choice positions are determined by NARAL Pro-Choice America using current research. Choice positions are subject to change.