Rep. John Fleming
Rep. John Fleming is the Republican candidate in the House of Representatives race in Louisiana Congressional District 04. He is the incumbent.
Rep. Fleming is anti-choice.
- Rep. Fleming earned a 0-percent score in NARAL Pro-Choice America's 2011 Congressional Record on Choice.
- Voted twice to block Planned Parenthood from receiving any federal funds, which would have denied millions of Americans access to contraception, cancer screenings, and other basic medical care.
- Voted for H.R.3, a bill that would ban abortion coverage in state health-insurance exchanges; impose tax penalties on small businesses and many individuals who purchase private health plans that include abortion coverage; and make permanent several restrictions that block many women from accessing abortion care.
- Voted to allow hospitals to refuse to provide emergency abortion care to women who could die without it.
- On his congressional website, Rep. Fleming writes: "As a father, a physician, a Christian and a Member of Congress, I want to be very clear about this - the taking of innocent life is not health care."
Candidate choice positions are determined by NARAL Pro-Choice America using current research. Choice positions are subject to change.