Rep. Nan Hayworth
Rep. Nan Hayworth is the Republican candidate in the House of Representatives race in New York Congressional District 18. She is the incumbent.
Rep. Hayworth is mixed-choice.
- Rep. Hayworth earned a 5-percent score in NARAL Pro-Choice America's 2011 Congressional Record on Choice.
- Voted twice to block Planned Parenthood from receiving any federal funds, which would have denied millions of Americans access to contraception, cancer screenings, and other basic medical care.
- Voted for H.R.3, a bill that would ban abortion coverage in state health-insurance exchanges; impose tax penalties on small businesses and many individuals who purchase private health plans that include abortion coverage; and make permanent several restrictions that block many women from accessing abortion care.
- Voted to allow hospitals to refuse to provide emergency abortion care to women who could die without it.
- Rep. Hayworth received a 100 percent rating from the National Right to Life Committee in 2011.
Candidate choice positions are determined by NARAL Pro-Choice America using current research. Choice positions are subject to change.