Pro-Choice Voter Guide: California District 15
Rep. Pete Stark
Rep. Pete Stark (D) is pro-choice. He is the incumbent.
NARAL Pro-Choice America PAC has endorsed Rep. Stark.
- Rep. Stark earned a 100-percent score in NARAL Pro-Choice America's 2011 Congressional Record on Choice.
- Voted twice against the proposal to block Planned Parenthood from receiving any federal funds, which would have denied millions of Americans access to contraception, cancer screenings, and other basic medical care.
- Voted against H.R.3, a bill that would ban abortion coverage in state health-insurance exchanges; impose tax penalties on small businesses and many individuals who purchase private health plans that include abortion coverage; and make permanent several restrictions that block many women from accessing abortion care.
- Voted to ensure that hospitals must provide emergency abortion care to women who could die without it.
- Rep. Stark describes his pro-choice beliefs on his campaign website.
Eric Swalwell (D) is presumed to be pro-choice.