Pro-Choice Voter Guide: New York District 02
Rep. Pete King
Rep. Pete King (R) is anti-choice. He is the incumbent.
- Rep. King earned a 0-percent score in NARAL Pro-Choice America's 2011 Congressional Record on Choice.
- Voted twice to block Planned Parenthood from receiving any federal funds, which would have denied millions of Americans access to contraception, cancer screenings, and other basic medical care.
- Voted for H.R.3, a bill that would ban abortion coverage in state health-insurance exchanges; impose tax penalties on small businesses and many individuals who purchase private health plans that include abortion coverage; and make permanent several restrictions that block many women from accessing abortion care.
- Voted to allow hospitals to refuse to provide emergency abortion care to women who could die without it.
- "I am a person who is 100 percent pro-life."
Vivianne Flacone (D) is pro-choice.
Dan Riina (L) has no known position on choice.