We are the majority.
7 in 10 Americans consistently say they believe that abortion access should be legal. They believe that the decision of how and when and with whom we become parents is best made by women—not politicians.
So why are we fighting abortion bans and clinic closings, and facing opposition when we try to improve access to birth control?
The anti-choice minority has mobilized and organized, and they’ve elected their representatives at numbers far higher than we have.
While 7 in 10 Americans are pro-choice, only:
- 4 in 10 members of the U.S. Congress are pro-choice
- 3 in 10 governors are pro-choice
- 1 in 10 states have both a pro-choice House and Senate
It’s time to close the gap.
There are plenty of easy ways to speak out as part of the 7 in 10:
- Join: Stand up and be counted as one of the 7 in 10 pro-choice majority!
- Advocate: Tell your members of Congress to support the Women's Health Protection Act.
- Organize: Invite 6 friends to sign up for the 7 in 10 campaign.
- Donate: Give to NARAL Pro-Choice America so that we can work to get closer to 7 in 10 in Congress and in state houses.
- Agitate: Volunteer with NARAL Pro-Choice America and our affiliates.
News & Updates
Troy Newman has endorsed Ted Cruz for president. Newman headed Operation Rescue and has said that murder of abortion providers is justified. His endorsement shows how extreme Ted Cruz really is.
The Republican position on abortion as advanced by Sen. Marco Rubio and many others is way out of the mainstream and turns off voters. But don't be fooled into thinking Gov. Jev Bush is progressive on this issue.
Our new poll of self-identifying independent voters in swing states shows that the positions and statements the leading Republican candidates are taking on abortion are making independent voters in those states less likely to support them.
Why are some Republican candidates promising to ban abortion without exceptions, even though 7 in 10 Americans are pro-choice?
From trying to give fetuses lawyers to comparing abortion to the Holocaust, see what these anti-choice extremists are saying.