We are the majority.
7 in 10 Americans consistently say they believe that abortion access should be legal. They believe that the decision of how and when and with whom we become parents is best made by women—not politicians.
So why are we fighting abortion bans and clinic closings, and facing opposition when we try to improve access to birth control?
The anti-choice minority has mobilized and organized, and they’ve elected their representatives at numbers far higher than we have.
While 7 in 10 Americans are pro-choice, only:
- 4 in 10 members of the U.S. Congress are pro-choice
- 3 in 10 governors are pro-choice
- 1 in 10 states have both a pro-choice House and Senate
It’s time to close the gap.
Here are 7 easy ways to speak out as part of the 7 in 10:
- Join: Stand up and be counted as one of the 7 in 10 pro-choice majority!
- Advocate: Become a citizen cosponsor of the "Not My Boss's Business" Act to fix the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision.
- Publicize: Share our graphic on Facebook and Twitter to show your friends and family that you're pro-choice.
- Organize: Invite 6 friends to sign up for the 7 in 10 campaign.
- Donate: Give to NARAL Pro-Choice America so that we can work to get closer to 7 in 10 in Congress and in state houses.
- Agitate: Volunteer with NARAL Pro-Choice America, our affiliates or a pro-choice candidates in your area.
- Vote: Get to the polls and vote pro-choice on November 4!
News & Updates
"Kay Hagan has led on women's rights in the Senate, and re-electing her will move us forward on fair pay, on reproductive choice, and on equal treatment under the law," the magazine says.
Our ad with MoveOn Political Action attacks Colorado Senate candidate Cory Gardner for his record of opposing contraception and women's health.
Cosmopolitan magazine has announced it will get involved in the 2014 elections by including political content and endorsing candidates with strong positions on issues important to women, including reproductive rights.
Bruce Braley's new ad calls out his opponent, Joni Ernst, for her extreme positions against reproductive freedom.
Colorado voters need to know the truth about Cory Gardner's extreme views. This new ad brings them to light.