7 in 10 Americans believe in a woman’s right to choose, but right now, only 4 in 10 members of Congress share our pro-choice values!
There are so many things we could do to improve reproductive-health care if anti-choice politicians weren't running the show.
Here are 7 ways we could improve women’s lives if 7 out of 10 members of Congress were pro-choice:
- Stop extreme anti-choice measures. Anti-choice members of Congress could still introduce abortion bans and other anti-choice legislation, but we could stop them in their tracks.
- Get Supreme Court rulings that respect women. The Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby case would have looked a lot different if the Senate confirmed more justices like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and blocked ones like Justices Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito.
- Confirm more federal judges who would apply the rule of law, not their personal agendas. If 7 in 10 senators were pro-choice, more nominees like Pamela Harris and Ronnie White would be confirmed to the federal bench. And anti-choice nominees like Michael Boggs would be nonstarters.
- Put an end to Congressional hearings with anti-choice agendas. Members of Congress like Reps. Darrell Issa and Trent Franks have used their positions as committee chairs to hold circus-like hearings that don’t even include women’s voices or the facts.
- Roll back abortion coverage bans. Anti-choice members have made it a priority to block insurance coverage for abortion for women in the military, Peace Corps volunteers, civil servants, low-income women, women who live in D.C., and more. A pro-choice majority could get these women access to the care they need.
- Make the Women's Health Protection Act law. This legislation would block many state laws that make it nearly impossible for some women to access legal abortion.
- Teach students accurate, age-appropriate sex education. We could make sure funding for “abstinence-only” programs is never included in the federal budget, and pass proactive legislation like the REAL Act to create a nationwide sex education program.
Sign up as one of the 7 in 10 today and help us elect a Congress that looks like the 7 in 10 pro-choice majority across America.