NARAL Announces New Slate of Endorsements for 2020
Seven Pro-Choice Champions Across the Country Earn Endorsement from Nation’s Leading Pro-Choice Advocacy Group
For Immediate Release: April 11, 2019
Contact: [email protected]
NARAL Pro-Choice America today announced endorsements of pro-choice champions for the 2020 cycle. These fighters for reproductive freedom have stood up to attacks on women and families from the Trump administration and the GOP and are key to ensuring the pro-choice majority in the House of Representatives can continue fighting for our rights. After working to elect pro-choice candidates up and down the ballot in 2018, NARAL is doubling down to support candidates willing to stand up for the right to choose and women and families across the country.
“The fight for reproductive freedom runs through the ballot box, and that’s why we’re doubling down on electing pro-choice allies to office and announcing our newest slate of endorsed pro-choice champions for 2020,” said Ilyse Hogue, President of NARAL Pro-Choice America. “This bold group of advocates for women and families comes from districts across the country—from the suburbs of Tucson to the Hudson Valley to the Florida coast. In 2018, we worked hard to elect pro-choice champions up and down the ballot, and we’re ready to build on our momentum in 2020 to send these fighters for reproductive freedom back to Congress.”
This newest round of endorsements include:
- Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-02) is a proven fighter for reproductive freedom who holds a consistently competitive seat surrounding Tucson by being a strong ally for Arizona women and families.
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy (FL-07) is a dedicated public servant with a strong record of standing up for reproductive freedom for women and families in the Orlando area.
- Rep. Charlie Crist (FL-13) made history in 2016 when he won a St. Petersburg-based seat Republicans have held for more than 40 years by ousting an anti-choice incumbent and running as a strong advocate for reproductive freedom, since demonstrating a solid record supporting abortion rights over his tenure in Congress.
- Rep. Dean Phillips (MN-03) ran as a fighter for Minnesota women and families in 2018 and flipped a suburban Minneapolis House seat, replacing his anti-choice predecessor with a pro-choice champion.
- Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (NY-18) has always been a champion for reproductive freedom who has stood up for the women and families of the Hudson Valley time and time again throughout his career.
- Rep. Peter Defazio (OR-04) is a longtime champion for Oregon women and families and has proudly fought for reproductive freedom over the course of his tenure.
- Rep. Jennifer Wexton (VA-10) won her race decisively by nearly 13 points in one of the biggest swings of the 2018 cycle by standing up for reproductive freedom and the women and families of northern Virginia.
NARAL Pro-Choice America and its network of state affiliates and chapters are dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all. For more than 50 years, NARAL has worked to guarantee that every woman has the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. Since 1969, NARAL has made history, grown to over 2 million members, and met the moments that have defined this fight with action, power and freedom. In recognition of its work defending our constitutional right to choose, Fortune Magazine described NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”