Who we are
The 1.2 million member activists of NARAL Pro-Choice America fight for reproductive freedom for every person in every state. Each day, we organize and mobilize to protect that freedom by fighting for access to abortion care, birth control, paid parental leave and protections from pregnancy discrimination.
Like 7 in 10 Americans, we believe abortion must remain legal and accessible. We are the foot soldiers who work to ensure that abortion access is not only protected, but expanded for every American. Since 1969, our member-driven campaigns have propelled political and cultural change at every level, from the statehouse to the White House.
When it comes time to rally by the thousands on the steps of the Supreme Court in support of abortion access, our members are there.
When it comes time to push back against the daily lies and fear peddled by anti-choice zealots who want to drag our country backward in time, our members are there.
And when it comes time to hold political leaders accountable at the ballot box, our members are there.
Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting for true reproductive freedom, and shine a spotlight of accountability on the bad actors trying to impose their out-of-touch agenda on us all.
What we do
- Organize our 1.2 million member activists, and the allies around us, to make sure leaders at every level hear from their constituents—the 7 in 10 Americans who support legal abortion.
- Educate citizens, lawmakers and other influencers about the pernicious impacts of anti-choice policies.
- Work with our network of state affiliates to promote progressive, proactive policies that advance reproductive freedom—and fight back against harmful restrictions that threaten access to basic health care.
- Elect champions who don’t just pay lip service to the values of reproductive freedom, but who truly fight for them—and we help defeat those who want to roll back the clock on our rights.
NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation
NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation was established in 1977 to provide a policy and educational component to the work of our sister organization, NARAL Pro-Choice America. Learn more about how we fight for a woman’s right to choose.
Mindful of the horrors of back-alley abortions and fueled by a strong conviction that women’s personal reproductive-health decisions are theirs alone, NARAL’s foundation arm gives voice to the 7 in 10 Americans who believe that abortion should remain legal and accessible.
With more than 1.2 million member activists representing every state in the union, we are on the front lines of the fight to preserve and expand reproductive freedom and abortion access in the 21st century. We believe in the power of people to make a difference, and we help to drive that positive change by educating Americans about the threats to reproductive freedom and holding bad actors accountable at every level.
Together, we can ensure an environment that guarantees every woman the right to informed and empowered choices.
What we do
- Fight against anti-choice attacks and hold bad actors accountable at the national and local levels, while working to protect and expand reproductive freedom and abortion access across the country.
- Educate about the issues affecting our reproductive freedom, and the impact they have on the lives of women and families. This includes our annual flagship publication, Who Decides? The Status of Women’s Reproductive Rights in the United States.
- Organize, mobilize and grow our activist and supporter base to ensure officials at all levels of government hear from the people they represent.
- Shift the cultural discourse around abortion access specifically, and reproductive freedom generally, to end the stigma and shame that some place on basic health services and that hinder women from accessing the care they need.
Learn more about NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation, how you can get involved and how you can make a tax-deductible gift.
NARAL Pro-Choice America PAC
Now more than ever, we need pro-choice champions at all levels of government who will stand up and fight for the values that Americans hold dear. Amidst unprecedented attacks on the right to access basic reproductive healthcare, we need leaders who will not only oppose the torrent of anti-choice restrictions that cut off access to care, but to advance and expand access for all Americans.
That’s why NARAL Pro-Choice America PAC endorses pro-choice champions and challengers in federal and state races across the country.Roe v. Wade is very much at stake. And given the constant attacks we’ve seen in Congress and in state legislatures over the past few years, we cannot afford to give one inch in the coming battles. We must harness the power of the 7 in 10 Americans who support a woman’s right to choose and translate that consensus into victories at the ballot box.
NARAL PAC will continue to be relentless in defeating the anti-choice agenda and the politicians who push it. Our aggressive political plan is designed to build power by layering our work at all levels of government, to maximize our impact.