As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2.3 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL’s Brand Strategy team works to ensure that the organization, network and our shared mission is reflected in a powerful and consistent voice, narrative and brand image. The Branding Associate will report to the Senior Branding Advisor and work cross-departmentally to carry out key tasks to ensure that we are keeping abreast of affiliate needs and requests and helping to address these in a timely fashion.
In this role, the Branding Associate will have the ability to build relationships with affiliate directors and staff across the country. This role requires superior organization and project management skills, as well as a professional and courteous manner and client service orientation. Success in this role will depend highly on the ability to cater to affiliates based on their individual needs, which may vary according to the size of the organization, region, audience or other factors. Candidates must share a deep commitment to reproductive freedom and to racial and social justice.
- Work day to day with NARAL’s cross-departmental branding team and the affiliate network.
- Coordinate and prioritize affiliate projects related to branding and help to anticipate problems or challenges – and propose possible solutions.
- Create customized branding resources reflecting NARAL Pro-Choice America and the NARAL affiliate network using basic to intermediate design skills, such as PowerPoint templates.
- Customize communications resources for affiliates based on brand guidelines and templates, such as email and newsletter content, op-eds, appeal letters, etc.
- Assist Digital team as needed to help ensure consistent brand across web and social media profiles.
- Help with scheduling and setting up meetings, conference calls and update planning calendars.
- Ability to project manage and meet multiple parallel deadlines and needs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years’ experience in communications, advertising or marketing, campaigns, advocacy or political organizing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambitious work environment.
- Outstanding judgement, a willingness to learn new skills and a self-starter attitude.
- Experience working with and developing relationships across membership, client-service or affiliate/national organizations, is a bonus.
- Proficiency in HTML and WordPress.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Deep attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Commitment to NARAL’s mission and goals.
- Strong communications skills and follow through with limited prompting are required.
- College degree is required.
- Must be pro-choice.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Senior Branding Advisor
This Position Is: Temporary Non-Exempt
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Subject line: Branding Associate