For fifty years, NARAL Pro-Choice America has led the fight for reproductive freedom for everyone, including the right to access abortion. Powered by more than 2.5 million members from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, NARAL Pro-Choice America represents the more than seven in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when and how to raise a family. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
We are looking for a Designer to join the digital team at NARAL. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing organization.
The Designer will create compelling visuals to advance our mission to safeguard reproductive freedom. They will be primarily responsible for designing graphics for social media, emails, and websites as well as working with the Design Manager on larger projects and campaigns.
Location: Washington, DC. No remote applicants, please.
Reports to: Design Manager
This Position Is: Full-time, non-exempt, Union Level III
Salary Range: $49,000 – $56,000, depending on experience
- 3+ years of prior relevant experience in graphic design. Experience may be demonstrated through full-time professional work or through long-term demonstrable volunteer or intern-level experience.
- Proficient knowledge and experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular, Photoshop and Illustrator
- A demonstrated portfolio of design products that shows off your design talent, creativity, and vision
- An eagerness to learn political design, and an ability to work well within a team
- Politically savvy with an eye on current events
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of protecting reproductive freedom and ensuring every person is able to make their own decisions about pregnancy.
- Collaborate with the digital team to design for email, social media, website, and merchandise
- Assist with file maintenance for graphics
- Other projects as assigned
Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that digital isn’t a 9-to-5 job. Evening and weekend work may occasionally be necessary for rapid response.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on a political campaign or in the reproductive freedom movement
- Illustration, animation or photography skills
- WordPress or front-end development skills
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position submit a cover letter and resume to:
Subject line: Your Name, NARAL Designer
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. No calls, please.
Application Deadline: Midnight on December 2, 2019