As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Reports To: Associate Director of Signature Events
Location: San Francisco, CA
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
This Position Is: Non-exempt Non-Union
Summary: The Development Intern works under the direction of the Associate Director of Signature Events to assist in general development department activities. This person would be a valued member of a small but mighty team with a high-attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a goal oriented, collaborative professional with a good sense of humor who seeks to advance our shared priorities and goals.
The position is described below and may involve travel to the Peninsula.
- Assist with donor research and prospecting
- Update and maintain donor database
- Answer member queries via phone and email as needed
- Create and edit development materials, including solicitation letters
- Assist with event management and logistics
- Manage vendors and volunteers
- Provide general administrative support for the development department
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Adept in using a variety of online tools to compile background and capacity information for potential donors. Experience in fundraising or database work is a plus.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals.
This position would be 40 hrs a week, for a three month commitment. This position is paid $15/hr and is located in San Francisco, CA. We are looking for an intern who is able to begin in late May, 2019.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send resume and cover letter by May 10, 2019 to:
Subject line: Development Intern