For 50 years, NARAL has led the fight for reproductive freedom for everyone, including the right to access abortion.
NARAL is powered by our more than 2.5 million members — in every state and congressional district. We represent the more than seven in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
We organize and mobilize in neighborhoods, communities, cities, and states, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom in the face of unprecedented attacks.
We are the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
Reports To: Managing Director
This Position is: Exempt Non-Union
Salary Range: $50,500 – $61,500.
The Executive Coordinator to the Managing Director (“EC”) provides coordination and support to the Managing Director of NARAL Pro-Choice America. The EC supports the Managing Director in her role supervising Development, Campaigns, Human Resources, Communications & Research, and in planning and executing organization-wide priorities such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Maintains calendar and managerial cadence for Managing Director, including liaising with office of President and with Managing Director’s direct reports as well as critical external partners; support to MD in ongoing stewardship of the Executive Team.
- Internal and external meeting preparation – The EC will assist in preparing memos and documents for both internal and external meetings. The EC will assist in writing agendas and gathering materials for meetings conducted by the Managing Director.
- Project Management – The EC must be able to design processes and plans to achieve NARAL external and internal goals and be able to drive them forward in an organized and efficient way. This will include but not be limited to, preparing presentations, assessing organizational best practices, and managing planning processes.
- Managing Administrative Tasks – The EC is responsible for administrative processes related to staff management, MD’s credit card reconciliation, and other tasks as necessary. This will include assistance to other Executive Team members as needed.
- At least one year experience in politics/advocacy; experience may be demonstrated through full-time professional work or through long-term demonstrable volunteer or intern-level experience.
- Detail-oriented, efficient & persuasive communicator.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Clear evidence of project management skills, including ability to define goals, set and execute process, and assess progress/impact.
- Diplomatic work style, demonstrable good judgment and ability to collaborate.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: “Executive Coordinator to the Managing Director”
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.