NARAL Pro-Choice America is a national organization dedicated to supporting and protecting, as a fundamental right and value, a woman’s freedom to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices through education, training, organizing, legal action, and public policy.
Paid Internship Available Immediately
NARAL Pro-Choice America is looking for a responsible, dedicated, resolutely pro-choice student intern to work with NARAL Pro-Choice America’s Field Department. Interns are essential in helping NARAL Pro-Choice America fulfill its mission and advance current projects. Applications are due November 12, 2017.
- Position is 25-40 hours/week.
- Assist department in executing campaign work, including critical membership building campaigns.
- Participates in Field Department phone banks, volunteer management & data management on the Voter Activation Network (VAN).
- Work shifts may vary from week to week. Candidate should be flexible to engage in potential weekend hours, scheduled in advance.
- Assist in recruitment of students for organizing fellowship programs.
- Communicate with and support national organizing staff and state affiliate organizing staff throughout the NARAL Pro-Choice America network.
- Dispense materials needed to activists from all across the country.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Campaign or other electoral experience is a plus.
- Previous canvassing experience (doors, phones or both) is preferred but not required.
- Previous grassroots organizing experience or documented history of activism;
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to reproductive rights issues and NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good academic standing;
- Ability to commit to working at least 25 hours per week, with regular evening & weekend hours;
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Ability to produce concrete results with minimal supervision, adaptable in a fast-paced environment is critical;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Field Department
The internship is based out of our Washington, DC offices. The intern will be paid $12.50 an hour. The intern is asked to be available at least 25 hours a week. Internships with NARAL Pro-Choice America are an excellent way to build your resume while gaining valuable experience with a premiere non-profit advocacy organization. NARAL Pro-Choice America will work with your school to secure academic credit where applicable.
Start and end dates are to be determined based on academic schedule, if applicable. We are looking to fill this position ASAP.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Beeta Riahi :
Subject line: Field Internship
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.