As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.2 million member activists from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that every human being has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave.
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to join our Digital team. The design team at NARAL is responsible for presenting a cohesive brand across digital and print platforms and creating visually appealing materials that best communicate the organization’s mission. The Graphic Design intern will assist with graphic design, video production, and website management to aid and advance NARAL’s mission that every person has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. Additionally, the Graphic Design intern should have a passion for this cause and be able to design within an established brand identity system, while pushing the direction of NARAL forward.
- Assist in creating rapid-response and branded graphics for a range of legislative priorities and NARAL campaigns including: infographics, email graphics, social media graphics, website graphics, gifs, digital and print ads, logos, signage, shirts and typography
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Design Manager and Digital team members to produce brand-relevant designs and members’ experiences that reflect NARAL’s mission and standards
- Coordinate with state affiliates and chapters on design projects and assist in creating materials for on-the-ground events and/or rallies
- Communicate quickly and efficiently with campaigners and other department leads who request graphics
- Translate and update established designs into a range of formats and specs;
- Update content and designs on multiple websites including the NARAL Pro-Choice America website
- Assist in video production by researching clips and organizing content;
- Help process and maintain NARAL’s digital photo library, and lead on photo editing;
- Assist with new merchandise designs and creative ideas.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Ability to follow design templates and a visual identity guide
- Ability to think creatively and have an eye for innovative graphic opportunities
- A proven eye for good photography, design and brand consistency
- You’re a pro-active team player who can move projects forward
- You identify as a pro-choice feminist
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in WordPress/HTML
Location: NARAL Pro-Choice America Headquarters (Washington, DC)
This position is: Internship, hourly rate of $12.50/hr
Reports to: Digital Design Manager
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university
- Must be available at least 20 hours per week
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, 5 portfolio samples and your available start date to:
Subject line: Graphic Design Internship
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.