For 50 years, NARAL has led the fight for reproductive freedom for everyone, including the right to access abortion. NARAL is powered by our more than 2.5 million members — in every state and congressional district. We represent the more than seven in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family. We organize and mobilize in neighborhoods, communities, cities, and states, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom in the face of unprecedented attacks. We are the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
The Human Resources department leads all personnel policy for the organization, including all employee relations from start to finish. This includes, but is not limited, to the recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, professional development, motivating, and transition of all employees.
Location: Washington D.C.
Reports to: VP of Human Resources and Operations
This Position Is: Full-time, Exempt, Non-Union
Salary Range: $68,133. – $77,867
As the Human Resources Manager you will be part of the HR team that supports and manages the employee’s experience as they enter the organization. The HR Manager will be responsible for ensuring NARAL has the talented team we need at this critical time, including recruitment, hiring processes, and internship program. The ideal candidate will also assist and provide support to the VP of Human Resources and Operations.
The ideal candidate must have a strong passion for human resources. You must be detail-oriented and able to manage priorities while maintaining a professional demeanor. You must have a proven track record of understanding the human resources cycle and the environment, and track record of the recruiting great people. He or she must be able to demonstrate sound judgment. You must be able to design a strong onboarding program and know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees as they enter the organization. You are the first HR face an employee will see and you must be able to exhibit excitement when welcoming employees into our work environment.
- Manage and monitor all job postings including the management of external recruitment firms and coordination of internal website postings.
- Assist hiring supervisors with interviewing and screening potential candidates including making recommendations for the best fit candidate for the job.
- Manage the onboarding process for all employees. This will include but not be limited to, preparing an onboarding schedule and presentations that are unified and consistent with the needs of the department and organization.
- Manage and monitor the internship onboarding program. This includes, but is not limited to, the recruitment, orientation, and working with hiring managers to provide sufficient interns for the department and organization.
- Work with other members of the human resource department to align required administration training and monitor its timeline for completion.
- Track and report Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive data using specific metrics.
- Process and monitor all background checks for all qualifying candidates.
- Assist and provide administrative support to the VP of Human Resources and Operations.
- Bachelor degree in human resources is preferred.
- 5 years of human resources experience.
- Previous management in a professional work environment is a plus.
- Organized self-starter with detailed-oriented planning and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate positively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of ensuring reproductive freedom and rights to everybody.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Human Resources Manager
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.