As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with 2.5 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is hiring for multiple positions in our internship and fellowship program. An internship or fellowship at NARAL Pro-Choice America will give you a real-world, practical job skills that you can take with you as you enter the workforce. As one of the leading advocacy organizations in the country, your time at NARAL will help you gain skills that can take your career nearly anywhere. At NARAL we believe that you are not just an intern but you are a vital part of the team to help us do the important work we do. We are looking for fiercely pro-choice candidates with a strong commitment to reproductive health and freedom. Those interested in political processes, non-profit work, & or reproductive health should apply.
Internships with NARAL Pro-Choice America are an excellent way to build your resume while gaining valuable experience with a premier non-profit advocacy organization. NARAL Pro-Choice America will work with your school to secure academic credit where applicable.
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program. We do not applications for internships or fellowship from individuals that have graduated more than 6 months before their start date;
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- A minimum of a 12-week commitment
- Strong commitment to advancing reproductive freedom;
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of building a political constituency to protect and promote the right of all women to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices, including abortion;
- A commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- General computer proficiency.
NARAL Pro-Choice America values equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, and any other class protected by law.
NARAL will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to establishing and maintaining an equitable and accessible work environment that is free from discrimination and supportive of a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our communities we organize and work in.