As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
NARAL, along with our more than 2 million members from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive healthcare. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending these basic rights, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us for true reproductive freedom, and shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on us all.
NARAL Pro-Choice Iowa seeks an Outreach Coordinator to work at the grassroots level to expand reproductive rights. This is a position intended for candidates who want to work for a mission-driven organization. NARAL’s mission requires us to build new membership, engage existing supporters and activate critical constituencies across the country. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to travel frequently, and work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Organize members to volunteer and engage with the organization
- Identify and train member activists
- Execute campaign plans with clear goals, strategies and bench marks
- Develop and maintain a high level of team work, spirit, collaboration and mutual accountability within the department and with other departments
- Balance conflicting demands successfully
- Plan, recruit for and execute field activities, lobby visits, phone banking and events for our policy, legislative and electoral participation campaigns at the city, state and federal level
- Develop and deliver collateral to NARAL’s digital and fundraising teams
- Manage paid canvass teams in the fall and spring that will support national and local political and organizing campaigns
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to reproductive justice and the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
- At least one cycle of organizing experience
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Familiarity with grassroots organizing strategies
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Success at keeping multiple projects organized
- Flexibility to work weekends/evenings
- Ability to travel
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to:
Email to: email@example.com
Subject line: Outreach Coordinator
Job Code: 20174
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.