As one of the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy groups, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2.5 million member activists from all 50 states and our network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedom. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: Washington D.C.
Reports to: Major Gifts Director
This Position Is: Full-time, Exempt, Non-Union
Salary Range: $85,000 to $95,000
Over the last five years, NARAL has more than doubled its revenue. As we launch a major new fundraising effort to continue this trend, NARAL is seeking a passionate and experienced fundraiser to help us move our major gifts program to the next level.
The ideal candidate is passionate about both fundraising and reproductive freedom and has a proven track record working with major donors. This person will be detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities while maintaining a professional demeanor. They will have strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Manage existing portfolio of ~150 donors and prospects, creating a plan to deepen each donor’s relationship with NARAL and increase their giving
- Secure major gifts at the $5,000+ level annually
- Manage systems to track and cultivate donors and prospects while maintaining clear and up-to-date records on donors
- Work with other members of the development department to align efforts and set goals
- Work with staff across teams to cultivate and steward donors, identify new funding opportunities, and coordinate messaging
- Create and implement moves management plans for portfolio
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation, as needed (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Process and acknowledge stock gifts
- 6 to 8 years of non-profit experience with minimum of 2 years of experience in major gifts
- Track record of securing five- and six-figure gifts from major donors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Passionate about reproductive freedom and fundraising
- Experience working with donor databases and wealth screening software
- Ability to travel to meet with donors
- Valid driver’s license required
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Major Gifts Officer
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.