As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
NARAL, along with our more than one million members from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive healthcare. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending these basic rights, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us for true reproductive freedom, and shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on us all.
The Membership Program Manager is responsible for support, implementation, and development of the membership program. The person in this position is responsible for assisting with logistics and advancement of the membership direct mail and telemarketing programs, as well as special Development projects. The Membership Program Manager is also responsible for managing the sustainer and acknowledgement programs and providing administrative support for workplace giving and planned giving programs. S/he should have a strong attention to detail, experience crafting message and writing abilities.
- Works with the Associate Director for Membership to ensure the development and production of all direct mail and telemarketing materials, including creative development, copy routing, updating messaging, and approving set-ups.
- Works closely with appropriate vendors and consultants to ensure successful programmatic implementation.
- Oversees acknowledgement program, including pulling and reviewing of data, oversight of outside vendor and regular updates of acknowledgment copy.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the sustainer program, including data and tracking, oversight of outside vendor and communications strategy.
- Provides administrative and data support for the workplace giving and planned giving programs.
- Administrate database tasks for the membership program, including but not limited to telemarketing credit card uploads, source code uploads, end-of-campaign telemarketing uploads, and data clean-up projects.
- Works with the Digital Department to maintain online donation form language consistency.
- Attends all membership strategy and implementation meetings.
- Processes and tracks all membership postage requests for mailings.
- Assists Associate Director for Membership with financial reconciliation with the Finance Department and PAC FEC reporting as needed.
- Vets Membership contracts through necessary departments.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of new trends in membership programs and employs them appropriately and strategically in the direct mail, Internet and telemarketing programs.
- Acts as back up for donor services and donation processing, when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to four years of work experience is required, fundraising experience a plus;
- Deep attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills required;
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast paced environment;
- Experience in using MS Word and Excel is required, and experience using NGP database a plus;
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Associate Director of Development for Membership
This position is: Non-Exempt Union, Level: III
To apply for this position, please send a resume and substantive cover letter and writing sample to:
Subject line: Membership Program Manager
Job Code: 20174
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.