NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado Foundation is a statewide 501(c)(3) organization that in association with our sister organization NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado, a 501(c)(4), is dedicated to supporting and protecting every woman’s right to make informed personal decisions about a full spectrum of reproductive health options, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, or accessing legal abortion. The Foundation carries out research, media relations, advocacy, and community organizing activities to increase public awareness of important reproductive health issues and resources.
The NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado Foundation seeks a dynamic and experienced Development Director to develop and implement the overall fundraising strategy to optimize the organization’s opportunities at this exciting time of growth and advancement in the state. The Development Director will work with the Executive Director, staff and the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s fundraising goals in support of NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado’s vision and short and long-term organizational goals.
The NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado Foundation (NPCCF) is a statewide 501(c)(3) whose mission is to support and protect, as a fundamental right and value, a woman’s freedom to make personal decisions regarding reproductive health care. The NPCCF carries out education, advocacy, community organizing, and research so that the public is aware of important reproductive health issues and resources.
NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado (NPCC) is a political leader of the pro-choice movement in Colorado. NPCC is a 501(c)(4) organization and its mission is to develop and sustain a statewide constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding reproductive health care.
This is an exempt, full-time position based in Denver, Colorado. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Expand the major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequests.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct an endowment campaign and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate a variety of fundraising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly development processes, annual, and major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with a wide range of diverse supporters.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- 3- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends/evenings.
- Ability to travel across the state as needed, occasional national travel.
- An understanding of multi-entity nonprofits (501(c)(3)/(501(c)(4)
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Successful and proven track record in nonprofit and/or political fundraising.
Salary and overall compensation will be commensurate with the experience and background of the successful applicant, and is competitive within the nonprofit landscape. NARAL offers a professional work environment, a generous benefits package including: health, dental vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, a retirement plan, a generous paid time off plan and opportunities for professional development.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a list of three references by August 15, 2017 to:
Subject line: “Development Director”
No phone calls please. Position will be open until filled.
NARAL ProChoice Colorado Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions must contribute to an atmosphere and organizational initiative in which diversity in all its dimensions is valued and supported.