As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2.5 million member activists from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each person has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant people, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: Remote *Due to COVID 19 the nature of in-person work environments and stay at home remote work are constantly changing. We are making accommodations to have remote internships however, you must be able to work hours set in your territory. Home office Stipend will be given in lieu of transportation stipend. We will hire several organizing interns to serve our chapter and state remote organizing work. Interns will be hired for focus areas in the Midwest: IA, IL, MI, WI, MN; Southwest: Colorado, Nevada, Arizona; Northeast/Mid Atlantic: Maine, New York, Massachusetts, Washington DC; Southeast: Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina. Should you have a specific region you would prefer, please indicate so in your cover letter.
This position is: Internship, Hourly rate of $15/hr and $50 monthly metro stipend provided
Internship Date: Internship Date: Start date September 8th, 2020 end date flexible on or after December 11th, 2020
Reports to: Organizing Dept
NARAL Pro-Choice America is looking for a responsible, dedicated, resolutely pro-choice intern to work with NARAL Pro-Choice America’s Organizing Department. Interns are essential in helping NARAL Pro-Choice America fulfill its mission and advance current projects.
The intern will support our organizing department by supporting our network of volunteer-led Action Councils, volunteer recruitment, various other duties to support our National Campaigns team.
Internships with NARAL Pro-Choice America are an excellent way to build your resume while gaining valuable experience with a premiere non-profit advocacy organization. NARAL Pro-Choice America will work with your school to secure academic credit where applicable.
- Assist department in executing campaign work, including critical membership building campaigns;
- Participates in Organizing Department phone banks, volunteer management & data management on the Voter Activation Network (VAN);
- Work shifts may vary from week to week. Candidate should be flexible to engage in potential weekend hours, scheduled in advance;
- Assist in the recruitment of students for organizing fellowship programs;
- Communicate with and support national organizing staff and state affiliate organizing staff throughout the NARAL Pro-Choice America network;
- Dispense materials needed to activists from all across the country;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Campaign or other electoral experience is a plus;
- Previous canvassing experience (doors, phones or both) is preferred but not required;
- Previous grassroots organizing experience or documented history of activism;
- Knowledge of and a strong commitment to reproductive rights issues and NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals;
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program, please note we cannot accept applications from persons having graduated more than 6 months before their start date;
- Must be available to work a min of 20 hours per week, full time preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong commitment to advancing reproductive freedom;
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of building a political constituency to protect and promote the right of all persons to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices, including abortion;
- A commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported;
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- General computer proficiency.
We will hire several organizing interns to serve our chapter and state organizing work. Interns will be hired for focus areas in the Midwest: IA, IL, MI, WI, MN; Southwest: Colorado, Nevada, Arizona; Northeast/Mid Atlantic: Maine, New York, Massachusetts, Washington DC; Southeast: Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina. Should you have a specific region you would prefer, please indicate so in your cover letter.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity. NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The application period for Fall 2020 internships has closed. We will reopen the application for Spring 2021 beginning September 15th, 2020