As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2.3 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each person has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL Pro-Choice Georgia seeks an Outreach Organizer to work at the grassroots level to expand reproductive freedom. NARAL Pro-Choice America works to support all Americans’ right and ability to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive health choices, including, yet not limited to, preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
This is a position intended for candidates who want to work for a mission-driven organization. NARAL’s mission requires us to cultivate new activists, engage existing supporters, and activate critical constituencies across the state. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to travel frequently and work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Georgia State Director
Positions reporting to this Position: none
This Position Is: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Union | Level: III
- Organize members to volunteer and engage with the organization
- Identify and train member activists
- Create and execute campaign plans with clear goals, strategies, and benchmarks
- Develop and maintain a high level of team collaboration and mutual accountability
- Plan, recruit for, and execute field activities, lobby visits, phone banks, and events for our policy, legislative, and electoral participation campaigns at the city, state, and federal level
- Develop and deliver collateral to NARAL’s digital and fundraising teams
- Cultivate member activists using online platforms
- Engage in coalition work to further reproductive freedom in Georgia
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to reproductive freedom and the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with digital organizing tools, including but not limited to: VAN, Hustle, Mobilize, and general social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent relevant experience required
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years field organizing experience with a demonstrated record of success, and a deep knowledge of the state’s progressive infrastructure
- Clear understanding of, and a commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of building a political constituency to protect and promote the right of all women to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices, including abortion.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Must be pro-choice.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Familiarity with grassroots organizing strategies
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Success at keeping multiple projects organized
- Flexibility to work weekends/evenings and ability to travel
Salary ranges between $47,000 – $60,900 and will be commensurate with the experience and background of the successful applicant. NARAL offers full benefits, including health, retirement, and paid time off.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and three professional reverences to:
Subject line: Outreach Organizer