As one of the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy groups, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2.3 million member activists from all 50 states and our network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedom. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: Washington D.C.
Reports to: Major Gifts Director
This Position is: Exempt; Full-time, Union Level 5
Salary Range: $75,000 to $82,000
NARAL is seeking a creative and enthusiastic fundraiser to manage our newly created mid-level giving program. The ideal candidate is passionate about both fundraising and reproductive freedom and enjoys building systems, engaging donors, and exploring new ways to build connections between donors and the causes they care about.
- With support from Major Gifts Director, personally manage a portfolio of approximately 1,000 mid-level donors who make annual gifts of $1,000-$4,999 annually.
- Grow revenue from mid-level donor segment through a creative and well-defined program that uses a combination of mail, email, and phone outreach to cultivate, solicit and steward donors in portfolio.
- Manage production calendar for mid-level program, including overseeing the execution of 10-12 annual solicitation mailings.
- Help identify mid-level donors who are good major donor prospects using wealth screening tools and traditional research.
- Coordinate with the Major Gifts Team and the Membership Team to ensure a smooth transition for donors as they move from one program to another.
- Develop an outreach program that ensures donors feel appreciated for their investment in NARAL’s work and up-to-date on the impact of their giving. This includes building relationships with donors through phone calls, personalized written and email communications, event invitations, and other creative outreach.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Development team and other teams as necessary to develop creative design, messaging, and data segmentation for outreach.
- Analyze mid-level donor program revenue trends throughout the year to assess results and recommend appropriate changes to increase results.
- Lead the execution of two D.C.-based donor events in coordination with other members of the Development team.
- Keep donor database up-to-date for mid-level tier.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience with a progressively increasing responsibility
- Previous management of a mid-level giving program a strong plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage a production calendar and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with events
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Senior Manager, Development
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.