NARAL Pro-Choice America Seeks Senior Digital Strategist
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 2 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is seeking a Senior Digital Strategist to join our Digital team. This position will play a crucial role in the strategy, development, campaign management, implementation, and evaluation of rapid response on our national and state online advocacy and fundraising campaigns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of a variety of cross-channel digital engagement strategies for NARAL campaigns. A leading priority of the Senior Digital Strategist will be to build, project manage, run and test creative digital organizing email campaigns that accompany other digital outreach to aid and advance NARAL’s mission.
The responsibilities of the Senior Digital Strategist may also encompass other areas, as time allows and need demands.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Deputy Digital Director
Positions Reporting to this Position: none
This Position Is: Full-time, Exempt, Non-Union | Level: III
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to advancement of NARAL’s mission that effectively engages audiences across all NARAL digital channels.
- Collaborating with the digital team to develop compelling digital strategy plans that include paid and organic media, social media, email, and SMS.
- Drafting riveting state and national email advocacy and fundraising copy that inspires our grassroots supporters to take action.
- Developing and sending copy for a variety of digital content including social, website, and SMS.
- Drafting and maintaining campaign plans and email calendars for national and targeted state-based campaigns.
- Writing and setting up email, petition, letter and donate pages for online products.
- Executing email targeting and testing strategies (including A/B tests, but also going beyond just A/B tests) in our CRM (Action Kit) and for online products to increase reach, improve user experience, grow our membership and online fundraising.
- Tracking, maintaining and interpreting email advocacy and fundraising performance tests and metrics. Running queries, creating reports and sharing analytics upon request.
- Collaborating with design and video colleagues on the development of visual assets for all digital content.
- Collaborating with the Digital Director, Deputy Digital Director and team to shape the organization’s overall digital strategy and integrate it throughout our priorities and campaigns.
- Working closely with NARAL’s Communications, Organizing, Development, Political and Government Relations departments to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, growth, messaging, and electoral priorities.
- Collaborating with partner organizations and allies on coalition campaigns and joint actions.
- Experimenting with new digital campaign tactics to tell the story of a campaign and engage our membership.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in rapid-response scenarios.
- You’re confident writing an email from scratch, and can do so quickly, often and well.
- You have excellent written communication, copy editing and research skills, including how to write an engaging campaign narrative, and the ability to tie together the core issues NARAL Pro-Choice America focuses on;
- You have a demonstrated commitment to achieving goals set by leadership but are also capable of spotting and conceptualizing new, breakout campaigns in real time.
- You have the ability to work independently and without extremely close supervision;
- You’re comfortable in group brainstorm settings sharing your ideas and working openly and honestly with others to collaborate.
- You have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You’re passionate about political and cultural issues related to reproductive rights and women’s issues.
- At least five to seven years of campaign, advocacy or electoral experience within a digital, political, marketing or communications team.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience running and managing fast-paced and impactful email-based campaigns.
- Experience using a membership database and/or CRM and CMS required. (Experience with ActionKit a plus).
- Strong comfort level with digital analytics and email metrics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Clear understanding of, and a commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of building a political constituency to protect and promote the right of all women to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices, including abortion.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Must be pro-choice.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: February 8, 2019 at midnight
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a substantive cover letter to:
Subject line: Senior Digital Strategist