For fifty years, NARAL Pro-Choice America has led the fight for reproductive freedom for everyone, including the right to access abortion. Powered by more than 2.5 million members from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, NARAL Pro-Choice America represents the more than seven in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when and how to raise a family. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: This is a remote position. Location is flexible, Maine-based preferred
Reports To: Northeast Regional Organizing Manager
This Position Is: Full- Time; Temporary through Nov 30, 2020
Compensation: $4,000-$4400/month; healthcare, 4 days paid vacation & 3 days paid sick
The Organizer will recruit, train, and mobilize NARAL members with a focus on chapter and game-changer states to help win advocacy and electoral campaigns. This organizer will provide added capacity in multiple states as needed, assisting with outreach, facilitation, and follow-up for virtual events and trainings.
- Collaborate with organizers and organizing managers to implement outreach strategies, including phone calls, peer-to-peer texting, webinars, and other tactics as needed in priority states;
- Assist with planning, logistics, and facilitation of online events;
- Track volunteer engagement in training and events;
- Manage and report voter contact data;
- Others as assigned.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Familiarity with grassroots organizing strategies;
- Experience with distributed organizing tactics;
- Experience with remote volunteer management;
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goals and programs;
- Success at keeping multiple projects organized;
- Flexibility to work weekends/evenings; and
- Ability to travel.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position submit a cover letter and resume to Jobs@prochoiceamerica.org with the subject line Organizer. The cover letter should be concise and compelling, and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.