Women’s rights are under attack across the country and NARAL is fighting back! That’s why we are proud to expand our Organizing Fellowship program to include Las Vegas and will be hiring immediately for a new fellow.
NARAL Fellows will work with our organizers throughout the country to engage activists, members, and politicians in the fights NARAL cares about – protecting abortion access, making sure contraception is available and affordable, ending pregnancy discrimination, and securing paid family leave.
As a Fellow, you’ll be on the front lines of issue organizing as the country gears up for the crucial 2018 election cycle. Fellows will be trained in organizing best practices and will gain the confidence and leadership skills to make a difference in their communities. We’ll teach Fellows how to talk about NARAL’s issues and how to develop a personal story that relates our fights to our shared values.
Fellows will be held accountable to a set of monthly goals and are required to commit 20+ hours a week for 12 weeks to the fellowship. Fellows will be paid a stipend of $15.00/hour. Duties will include:
- Support Las Vegas Organizing coordinator in efforts to mobilize the pro-choice community in Las Vegas.
- Engage with Las Vegas residents through things like door to door outreach or phone calls and provide education on pro-choice issues and values.
- Serve as a passionate and professional ambassador for pro-choice issues in Nevada.
- Willing to engage your own personal networks and communities in NARAL’s work;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive;
- General computer proficiency.
- Previous organizing/canvassing experience, either in a paid or unpaid capacity, is preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to walk for several hours
- Ability to quickly build a rapport in conversation with others, regardless of their views.
- Positive attitude, detail-oriented, highly motivated and organized.
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Enthusiastically supportive of mission and philosophy of NARAL Pro-Choice Nevada.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Access to a car a plus.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.