Hello and welcome to NARAL Pro-Choice America! Thanks for being in this fight with us!
We’ve arrived at a pivotal moment in the fight for reproductive freedom. With the legal right to abortion on the line like never before, we need to be ready to seize every opportunity to organize, build power, and fight for policies that ensure our families and communities have everything they need to thrive. For decades, NARAL’s members have stepped up, again and again, to lead in the fight for reproductive freedom — and we need YOU now more than ever!
We’re working with our members to form leader-driven Action Councils across the country to build long-term, collective power for reproductive freedom. Action Councils develop and execute events and campaigns to make sure we’re electing reproductive freedom champions to office, passing proactive legislation, and advancing reproductive freedom for every body.
This is an opportunity to have more structured involvement with NARAL, take on leadership roles, and build your skills and resume!
- Impact elections where NARAL has endorsed candidates
- Advocate to advance NARAL’s national and state campaigns
- Following the lead of on the ground partners, identify and bring forward opportunities for supporting local action
- Identify opportunities to engage on intersectional issues with local groups
- Base build and recruit new members
- Serve as the first people members turn to to get involved in reproductive freedom organizing in their community
- Lead skill-building training for other NARAL members and support the growth of new leaders/members
Action Council Leaders commit to:
- Joining an Action Council orientation
- Participating in regular Action Council meetings
- Attending one event per month (Please note, all events will continue virtually until further notice)
- Representing and advocating for NARAL and reproductive freedom to new and potential members
- Helping craft their Action Council’s strategy
- Learning and challenging oneself to continue to grow in the fight for reproductive freedom and live out values of anti-racism, anti-oppression & intersectionality
We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds and experience levels to get involved!
If you are interested, please fill out this form and tell us why you want to be a reproductive freedom leader in your community! Upon receipt, our Organizing Team will contact you for a one-on-one chat (via phone or over Zoom) and send you more information on how to get started.