For decades, the anti-choice movement has attempted to brand itself as “pro-life,” but it’s not hard to see through their charade. As “pro-life” Republicans remain focused on criminalizing abortion, it’s not lost on Americans that this isthe exact same Republican party that is hellbent on harming women and families with their regressive policies.
It’s pretty hard to call yourself “pro-life” when you’re actively working to:
- Imprison or execute women who access safe abortion care.
- Tear babies away from their parents and lock them in cages, with no plan to reunite them.
- Silence doctors and strip reproductive healthcare away from millions of low-income people.
- Stand by while the maternal mortality rates skyrocket and women—especially Black women—die in childbirth.
- Deny affordable healthcare coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.
- Cut programs that feed hungry kids.
- Block access to HIV testing and treatment across the globe.
- Incite far-right violence with lies about abortion.
At NARAL Pro-Choice America, we’re committed to calling out this “pro-life” hypocrisy. Whether it’s running ads with our progressive allies to show the public just how dishonest the anti-choice movement is about its goals, confronting their lies online , or partnering with our coalition and members of Congress to expose their phony values, we’re not letting them get away with it.
Want to get involved? Share this graphic on your social media profiles and spread the word: The anti-choice movement is NOT “pro-life”—they’re pro-lie.